HELD ON THE 13TH OF OCTOBER 2012
The aim of this report is to highlight the issues that were addressed during the seminar conducted on the 13th of October 2012 from11 am to 1pm. The report will encompass three sections that will be identified from A , B and C. Section A will focus on the programs’ general background ,section B will look at the goals of the female poets for the environment and section C will be based on the intended plan for the project.
SECTION A : PROGRAM’S GENERAL BACKGROUND
The Female poets for environment program conducted the seminar after the realization that the Zimbabwean community needed their assistance. The female poets realized that they live in a society that is rapidly lacking respect to its environment. The female writers and poets under the guidance of the producer of Girl Child Creativity came to a realization that there had to come up with a theme My environment, Your environment as a result based project involving poetry writing, perfoming as well as sending the message clearly to all people
SECTION B : GOALS OF THE FEMALE POETS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
- Taking the responsibility in the preservation of environment
- To raise an awareness on the impact of human beings in changing the way they utilize their micro and macro surroundings
- Making advanced commitment to clean, conserve and protect the environment
- Making people to realize the importance of where they live
- Using a team of wordsmith, writers, poets and musicians to use their creativity in the mobilization of environment al conservation
- Changing the people’s behavior worldwide by using creativity models that change the previous schema of the people towards the environment
- Fundraising for the Tongogara High School Geography Club Weather station
- Inform different people from different institutions, communities in rural and urban areas the essential need for conserving the environment through using creative thinking.
- Poets for environment prize – a contest that will pit poets in a completion for an award for the best writers and perfomers.
WRITTEN BY PHILIS TENA - Operations Executive
Call +263 734 084231
FOR THE ENVIRONMENT PROJECT UNDER GIRL CHILD CREATIVITY