Skip to main content

GirlchildCreativity host UK based Hip-hopper

PROFILE: SEASONE.


Who is a nurse, a wife, a music writer, a mother and a hip hop artist.

She is born to Maxwell and Joyce Ndongwe, first of three children.In Harare, Zimbabwe. She is one of the first true Zimbabweans and not Rhodesian. She moved to the UK when she was 7 years old, and returned to Zimbabwe aged 14years. She went to Queen Elizabeth School and finished her A-levels there. It whilst she was there she met her now husband, Will M. Mandaza. Seasone is mother to three boys Naishe 9, Taro 7, and Tanaye 5. Her oldest son Tatenda passed away last year.

At 18 years she returned to the UK to pursue a career in Nursing. She trained at City University in London. She has worked as a Nurse since 2002.

PASSIONS: Seasone is passionate about music. She started rapping at age 12. She could often be found in her room listening to the likes of Patra, Lady Saw. She emulated the likes of Da Bratt, Queen Latifa, Mc Lyte and many others. To her surprise she was good at rhyming, and flowing.

She wrote her first song at 14 sitting in her kitchen. She formed a group with her friends and were often found writing, harmonising in their free time. Her cousins, brothers were all musical so it made sense to join the band wagon. They also entertained their church youth group with songs, dances raps. On Sundays they took turns to lead praise and worship for children's church (Sunday school).

During her university years she took a break from music and concentrated on her studies. After university she embraced her new role of wife, mother with unwavering passion and dedication. She tried to fit in writing a few songs but for a long time she thought maybe that dream had died in her.

In 2009, she met her friend, brother, and producer Dr Benstein. He had heard from a friend that Seasone used to rap, he encouraged her to take up the mic again. Together they would often be in the studio, playing with tracks and vocals.

Inspiration: Seasone says she is inspired by God. "All the music I write, sing, or rap is definitely God given and hopefully God used. When I wrote Afrika, I needed to put voice to my frustrations over the state of our country and continent at large. I asked God to help me express clearly what I felt and mixed in with this beautiful music, Afrika was born."

For two years I sat on the track thinking it was not good enough, or ready. It was through a God Incidence that I met Jaysif. He loved the track. He introduced me to Roki whilst he was on tour here in the UK. Roki one of the highly talented and inspiring artist. We collaborated and we had a remix together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Belle of Words- Janet Nkiwane!- Special blog.

THE PHOENIX   As the first rays of dawn lick the dusty streets of Makokoba township Noise already fills the atmosphere Stench from the blocked sewers fills the air As i stand on the veranda of my match box home, Clad in a thread bare attire, with an empty stomach I look over the horizon The rising sun rejuvenates my inner being In the midst of poverty I still stand my head held up high Though my inner being has withered My zeal to live has departed I still stand I stand against the obstacles in my path All of these my determined self shall bravely brush away Like a phoenix I will rise from the ashes Fly away so high Dance in the air like a bird For I have chosen freedom In the midst of poverty Education is my priority Education shall wash away my poverty It shall be a shield that once attained, will forever Shield my hide from the scorching rays of the sun From the storms and hunger That awaits to devour my inner being I s

Clean water and Sanitation- What about women and girls in war zones?

For more than three decades Africa  has been in serious  war challenges  due  to various  political  , social and economic reasons. Many people have died in the whole  war and  cheap military drama . Have we ever thought as a continent   about the plight of women and girls in war zones? Women due to the nature of their creation    require a maximum  of two times bath a day . I don’t imagine a war situation giving such  a  chance to our women running away  with their lives  from war zones. They will be no time and even that dirty water to bath what more of toilets and sanitary pads in   war bases and bushes. This article is written by Mbizo Chirasha   Picture by nairaland. It had been a tough time for Chibok girls in Nigeria , those   kidnapped by the BokO haram, Sudan and DRC are other examples  of such   challenges . Women are human species that require maximum hygiene and care. In Sudan they travel miles and miles through stretching deserts to Algeria

16 Days of Activism 2016 with Tanaka Bandera!

Editorial note- While we are in the month of November, the month that is believed as the sacred month  by many  of the African Descent. We also advocate for the stop and end in Gender Based Violence mostly known as GBV in Zimbabwe. GirlChildCreativity publishes a poem by Tanaka Bandera titled MY TIME IS UP Tanaka is  a Theatre and Arts Student at the Midlands State University. The poem is pregnant with emotion as young poet stands her  ground  in unmasking the chauvinistic  behaviour  of the  other gender. The poet declares   militantly in some of her verses that   enough is enough. We continue to give young girls space and voice as we also continue to organize  literary events that  continue to put the aspirations of girls and young women in the forefront. We also  take this opportunity to thank  the GBV Africa Network  for assisting us with the kit    for advocacy  and information during the 16 days of Activism  which starts  every 25 th of November to 10 December every year. W